We are local people with learning disabilities. A community of friendship, support and advocacy. Together we find our individual skills, encourage confidence and empower one another.
Our vision is for people with learning disabilities or difficulties in Croydon to have choices, independence, a voice in local decisions and to enjoy a good quality of life.
We want you to be able to have…
- Greater independence in your life
- More involvement in your local community
- More awareness about services you may need in your local community
- A greater understanding of your rights so you can make your own choices
- More confidence to take on learning or employment to develop your career
About the charity
Croydon People First is a small charity registered with the charities commission in 2008. We have five part-time paid members of staff and ten volunteers.
Our Management Committee of six trustees all have learning difficulties – we are a user-led organisation.
We have a membership of people with learning disabilities. If you would like to join, get in contact with us.