Making it Happen
Together we are "making it happen" for adults with learning disabilities in Croydon project
How it helps you
- It’s about trying new things and going to new places
- It’s about being more active, independent and confident
- The job of our peer supporters is to “Make It Happen”
Aims of the project
The aim of this project is to enable people with learning disabilities to be more active in their local community and support each other to learn new skills and try new things.
It is about building confidence in people through meeting up with, and getting to know, other people with similar interests.
The project consists of a series of learning and leisure activities which are run by Peer Supporters from Croydon People First.
Become a peer supporter
- Use your skills and experience to help others
- Support others to do things which you know how to do and make it happen for them!
- Learn to run activities
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Help others like yourself to travel to different places (e.g. London, Wimbledon or within Croydon)